View Single Post
      06-07-2019, 10:25 AM   #11
m550i curious
Rep
Drives: 2018 Accord 2.0 Sport MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLSinCO View Post
Wow - if you go from an Accord to an M550i you are going to think you are piloting the Millennium Falcon!
I hope so!

Might be weird to say, but to be honest it's a hard decision.

I have a 6 speed manual 2.0 and it's really fun, in some ways the Honda actually seems to have more pep at lower range (I test drove a 19 m550i last week), but I think I'm just feeling the difference between having full control over the gears vs an automatic. It also has exactly the controls you need in the right places, simple intuitive layout with no unneeded complexity, no need to navigate through menus for things (things that should just be buttons or knobs, are) carplay which works great, very responsive touch pad for most other functions (no wheel or other pointless gimmicks), cool wheels, and interior is very nice (feels much more upmarket than it actually is).

You basically can't get a standard in sedans at that size anymore, and of those you can (accord and mazda6) they are usually not stocked. It also looks nice, has the largest backseat of any midsize (good for carseats and kids when you don't like SUV's), handles shockingly well for a family sedan, and will of course be super reliable as a Honda.

The downsides are it doesn't have BMW power and luxury, no all wheel drive, you pay for servicing from day 1, no leather (if you want leather you can't have a manual), and my wife says clutching bothers her knee lol.
Appreciate 0