View Single Post
      06-20-2019, 07:43 AM   #18
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

In 36 months we'll have iDrive 8. And very likely new issues all over again.

I'm sure BMW recognizes this and would love to be able to provide better out of the box experience. Maybe they should partner with Apple or Google for their next gen iDrive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf721 View Post
I was at the dealer picking up my car yesterday and was pushing for info on the update to the 5 series. I did not put a deposit down on my ordered car as the dealer knows me and I have always retained the option to not take the car if I choose not to. ( I never have stuck them with a car, I did however walk out with an M3 yeas ago when I went in to take delivery of a 3 series but that's another story for another time.)

The iDrive 7 is not ready for prime time from my conversations with sales and service. Many X5 owners are struggling with software issues, blank screens and are forced to reboot-which requires pulling over and not driving until its up and running again and then if it continues, have updates installed at the dealer. Seems this was rushed. For whatever reaso0n the & series cars are not suffering as badly and service does not know why. It's the same programs, screens, buttons and software? I will get the iDrive 7 next time around when its sorted out. I think in 36 months it will be smooth as silk.