View Single Post
      11-16-2019, 08:56 AM   #7
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
I have a 2018 530e with 6WB. It works fine but I would not want the newer version with the reversed gauges. If you are like me, make sure you get the older, more traditional version.

Also...the 6WB display is set up to maximize your opportunity to extend mileage. That is not my reason for buying a phev and I find it annoying that the only way to get a tach is to put it in sport mode. That is fine except I also have the dynamic dampers and in urban driving I like to drive in adaptive mode. My solution is to code the car to use the Alpina blue display. I lose some of my electricity information but I get a tach all the time. So if you have a 530e for mileage economy reasons, don't do what I do but if your reasons are like mine (the environment and the ability to drive in the car pool lane), then also do the Alpina adjustment.
Interesting that it doesn't show a tach on the 6WB. The 2019 530e I test-drove only had the 6WA cluster, and it showed what I assumed was the 530e's equivalent of a tach but with the numbers in % points, and had blue "boxes" showing how far I could press the accelerator before the ICE kicked on based on how much battery it had. I am about to order a 2020 530e so it will come with the Live Cockpit Pro with the reversed gauges, which I'm sure it will take some getting used to.
Appreciate 0