11-16-2019, 09:10 AM   #8
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
Interesting that it doesn't show a tach on the 6WB. The 2019 530e I test-drove only had the 6WA cluster, and it showed what I assumed was the 530e's equivalent of a tach but with the numbers in % points, and had blue "boxes" showing how far I could press the accelerator before the ICE kicked on based on how much battery it had. I am about to order a 2020 530e so it will come with the Live Cockpit Pro with the reversed gauges, which I'm sure it will take some getting used to.
That gauge is the one I am replacing with a tach via the Alpina display. I do lose the battery percentage gauge doing that but it still shows miles remaining. I don't personally need the rest of the phev stuff such as how intensively it is recharging when I brake.

My driving style is to do mostly all electric driving on local roads where I can't exercise the car and then drive more energetically on regular mode on higher speed and country roads. I never hypermile and I have never driven in Eco Pro either.

I work mostly from home (although my office, when I bother going in, is 20 miles away) and have a 240 volt charger in my garage so I can plug in during the day. For this combination, the 530e works nicely for me.
Appreciate 0