View Single Post
      07-22-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Arrow Just your average German BMW dealership!

BMW Zentrum Sinsheim

Just your average German BMW dealership!

Hey Guys,

So… this past Monday I decided to take a nice road trip to go see HockenheimRing Musuem and then later drive onwards to Nuerburgring. I decided to stop by Sinsheim bc I wanted to pick up a few books at the Sinsheim Musuem and also bc I knew there was a Esso gas station there – where I could buy tax free gas via my Esso card.

Long story short… after refueling with SuperPlus 98, as soon as I started the engine my “service engine soon” light came on! I was a little bit pissed. I had changed the engine oil the night before (first BMW oil service is due in 6K kms)… so I knew the oil was ok. I quickly checked the oil level, and scrolled thru the B.C. menu. Nothing wrong. Just this dam yellow “service engine soon” light!

I decided to drive down the street to the marvelous Sinsheim Technik Musuem to brose their gift shop. I wanted to pick up some books there. But then I remember seeing this BMW Zentrum (aka dealership) down the street. So… I decided to pop in and ask them what they thought the problem was.

The service advisor was nice enough, but I could tell he did not know what was wrong. He was nice enough to read my car key for any hard faults. None were present. He then went into BS S.A. mode (it’s the same crap you guys experience but I get to hear it in German!) lol Well.. he went on saying that it is probably just my low oil light and nothing major. He then walked me to my car and was going to show me the low oil light. I tried telling him the oil was FINE. But the Germans are a stubborn people. Lol Once he saw the SES light, he said… Ohhh that is NOT normal! Really!?!?!? :“) He then introduced me to this nice master tech and this guy knew his BMW’s. He said just to wait fifteen minutes while he finished working on the car he had in his service bay, and then he would read the fault menu.

Twenty minutes later he returned my car with the light off. Turns out the gas cap was slightly loose… causing the SES light to come on. That Esso gas station was literally just A few hundred meters down the road. I felt pretty dumb! He said it could be the gas cap filler neck module… but I should wait and see if the light comes back on. Three tanks of gas later no SES light.  He was also very thorough and told me of that seatbelt insulation recall that effects my car. I told him I was going to take care of that next month when I have the BMW one year service done. 

Anyway… why I am posting any of this… WELL…. This dealership had some NICE cars on display! And I mean NICE!!! Like they could have their own museum!!!

Have a look for yourself!

I did a little bit a research on the web… seems the owner KRAUTH owns several BMW dealers in that part of Germany. Not only in Sinshiem but also is: Heidelberg, Mosbach, Meckesheim, Wallsdorf, Hockenheim.

Autohaus Krauth GmbH + Co. KG
Neulandstr. 26
74889 Sinsheim

Baden-Württemberg
Deutschland

07261 / 9251-0
07261 / 9251-33
info@autohaus-krauth.de
www.autohaus-krauth.de

Check out the Parts and Service Dept…

Alipina 2002

Z1

Service dept in background…

M6

New car sales showroom…

320d touring…

118d e82 coupe

New 523i sedan…

118d cabrio

Normal vs runflat tire cut away…

Kiddie bmw bike for 235 euros…

Modern radio in retro look… “only 999 euros!” lol

BMW oils….

Full synthetic LL-4

Castrol TWS oil for M-models LL-4

Scratch re[air kit…

BMW color system kit: part number 51910410163 price is 18.50 euros.

Last edited by Dackelone; 07-23-2010 at 05:40 AM..
Appreciate 5