12-09-2019, 12:53 PM   #365
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr View Post
I don't have the training to answer your question.
Search and you will quickly find those that do have the training questioning the wisdom of what was done.
The Innocent UPS driver held against his will the police were protecting and another innocent man were killed in the gun battle that ensued when police decided to force a gun battle in a crowded intersection.

13 officers who had no clear line of fire opened fire on the UPS truck. No police officers were harmed

I'm just asking if in a better scenario could the UPS not have been disabled given the pursuit was already 20 miles long or something other than what happened.
I know you don't have the training nor expertise. I'm asking you to critically think through the situation and provide an answer since you have taken the liberty to be critical from the comfort of your living room couch, work office, etc.

Again, police didn't force a gun battle. Why do you keep ignoring the fact that the perpetrators fired at police PRIOR to the pursuit? THEY started this exchange of gunfire.

How would/could the dual axle UPS box truck have been disabled? Remotely? No! PIT maneuver? No! We've already covered why that would've been ineffective (...but you would've known that had you read through the thread and/or had the experience to make judgments).

Lastly, law enforcement agencies don't always agree with each other's actions, and cops are human after all, so I fully expect some others in the field to question Miami's law enforcement approach. I can tell you this, while cops quarterback cops, not a single one of us who weren't involved would've wanted to be in that situation. It was a lose/lose proposition.
Appreciate 3