View Single Post
      03-13-2020, 09:52 AM   #6250
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Best. Story. Ever!! Thank you for sharing and congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
My favorite dating story of my life:
So 23 years ago a buddy of mine's girlfriend asked me if I would meet a friend of hers. I said sure and we did a double date thing and I fell head over hills for a girl named Christy almost immediately. We dated for about a month and things were going great. I was so into this girl that I actually pushed back from having sex with her as I didn't want that to complicate things or accelerate things too quickly to just burn out. All of a sudden she stopped returning my calls. I was dumbfounded, I could not figure out what was going on. At the time I had a cell phone but she didn't and the only way for me to try to reach her was at home. I finally talked her mom into making her talk to me and let me know why we were done. She called and was squalling. She was pregnant and obviously it was not mine. She had had sex with her boyfriend the day before they broke up and we met that following weekend. I was kind, I loved her but I told her that I wasn't ready for that level of responsibility and that she should probably try to work thing out with him and they raise this child together.

I moved on and met my ex wife. We were married 17 years, some were good but many were not. Thing finally come to a head and we divorced. Under severe protest from friends and family I settled with the ex in 3 days. I gave up all equities and agreed to a ridiculous alimony amount. I just wanted to get it done so I could go find real love and happiness. I have a job with unlimited income potential and knew that I could replace financial gains but the need to find a healthy relationship was more important. Alabama has a 30 wait on divorces once they are settled.

So my divorce would be final on a Monday. The weekend prior my lifelong best friend and his wife invited me to their lake house. That Saturday night his wife which I have also known most of my life told me she had two women that wanted to go out with me when I was ready. She then asked me if there was anyone from my past that I would want to meet up with again. I told her the only girl that I have thought about and thought about often was Christy ______. I told her I that I had no idea where she was or if she was married or even alive. Being a big face booker at the time I had never seen her pop up as a friend suggestion, or anything. Her eyes lit up and she said she still lives in the area. That she was friends with her on Facebook and that she thinks she is either divorced or going through a divorce. She gave me her married name and I sent her a friend request. She accepted and we had like 300 friends in common. How the hell did I never get her as a suggestion? Anyway......

After a few attempt at messaging her and getting just simple answers I realized that everything I had on Facebook said I was married I found a way to make it know I wasn't. Things took off from there, we met for lunch. She was everything I remembered. Sparks flew immediately and we got married 8-31-18 after dating for 15 months. She is the most beautiful, kindest, selfless and genuine person I have ever known. We have yet to have an argument. I have a beautiful step daughter (15) and a awesome step son (21), yep he is the one.

Long winded and probably boring for most but it is the most important story of my earthly life.

For those in love, keep loving. For those looking for love, know it is an amazing thing that takes work and patience.

Good night everyone.
Appreciate 3
Nuckle2218.00
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34184.50