View Single Post
      12-12-2005, 11:19 AM   #4
bimmernotbeamer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOYRIIDE1113
carwash detergents are made to clean off dirty cars. since the owner of the car wasg doesnt know what type of cars will be coming n he doesnt know how dirty u're call will be. so u're getting the same high ph soap everyone with nasty paint is getting.

if u own a garage, i would look into QEW from PROTECTALL.

when used RIGHT, with 2 sheepskin mitts, two buckets, and 2 waffle weave towels, its u're best option...

not spamming but if u want better info go to detailcity.com or autopia.org and do a search on them.

the majority of them members there are using QEW as their wash regimen for these cold months and they have some of the nicest finishes u will see.
I've tried QEW. Not a fan. It feels like I'm using plain old water to clean my paint. I'm sure some people, like it, and that's cool.

I personally go to the touchless wash at the gas station. Believe it or not the soap is not as harsh as you think. I have no scientific evidence to prove this though. All I have to do is look at my paint after I exit. There is always a very thin film of dirt left. If the soap was as strong as you think, it would get everything off. As a side note, don't dry your car after exiting the wash. You'll just end up rubbing the micorfilm of dirt around your paint and create swirls. Let it air dry. The water used at many washes is recycled, hence the water is soft (so no hard water spots to worry about).

As for Zaino, it is durable stuff. You'd be surprised to see that it will last through a winter's worth of touchless washes. It has for me.
Appreciate 0