View Single Post
      12-19-2005, 09:26 AM   #9
bimmernotbeamer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOYRIIDE1113
like i said, its all about technique. which is why i gave links to detailing forums where they offer good instructions on how to safely use qew.

qew uses a formulagtion of lubricants and cleaners to disolve and soften dirt, better than car wash soap which mainly focus on lubricants and soaps to LIFT dirt. they both do two different things but they end in the same result.

a wise detailer once told me, u can have the best products in the world, but without knowledge or technique, u got nothing.
The QEW craze was started on autopia by a 'pro' mobile detailer who is not setup to perform conventional hand washes from his car. In order to avoid paying the money to do it, he started using QEW. QEW is nothing more than a way to lower his costs. As for everyone using it on autopia and detail city, I wouldn't say that. There are just as many members who have used it (via the proper methods/technique you refer to) and have still gotten marring in their paint. The funny thing about autopia, most of the people who disagree with the popular posters don't post themselves for fear of being ostracized. So when you go and read over there, keep that in mind.

And yes, technique is important. But you can't remove swirls with pi$$, no matter how good your technique is.
Appreciate 0