03-07-2021, 11:05 PM   #52
mbanck
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 320ci, BMW F34 330dx

One word for you: "AMG C 63 4Matic+ EQ Power Sport"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest View Post
BMW has lost it with its marketing, beyond their cringe woke twitter memes and ugly design of the car's fronts.

The lack of consistency in naming convention is a bloody mess.

s-drive - rear wheel drive (!!!)
e-drive - Electric drive. That makes sense for a change.
x-drive - 4 wheel drive, but it has nothing to do with what powers the wheels, just what wheels are driven!
i-drive - well that's just an infotainment system!
M-Sport - applies everywhere
I-X - model name (looks like placeholder!)
I-4 - car... Jesus.

Engine sizes- 30, 40, 50, 55 - this means nothing, but they think it does. Most of them are either some 2 or 3l engines with turbos today.

Now they of course must deal with the legacy:
xd - 4 wheel drive, diesel.
xi - 4 wheel drive, petrol

Ok..

So what we have here is a broken naming convention, unless what they want to do is to confuse people. Considering how they run their twitter and occasionally insult their clients, I would not be surprised.

I worked in companies where idiot decisions get passed down to everyone, and everyone signs off on them, and everyone thinks they are dumb. Because the MAIN MAN wanted it that way, and noone has the guts to tell him (her). I think that's what happened in BMW. The dude in charge has gone nuts, and noone can tell him hey, this is crazy.

Or may be BMW will spin off it's "I" division, and theyll have their own cookie ideas and trolling twittter and wokiest of wokes social media campaigns and all cars will be as offensive as the tweats, but saying this would make you a hater. Cannot wait.
Appreciate 0