09-16-2017, 07:55 AM   #38
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS-UK View Post
You are right. It shouldn't matter once the deal is done. I got exactly the same deal as you. Just couldn't believe the level of discount for a newish model like this. My regular dealer couldn't get anywhere closer to it. According to him, they would lose £4,600 on the car without taking into account retro bonuses for hitting quarterly targets. Why do they do it? BMW must have some stiff targets for G30.

I'm not complaining. Long live CarWow ?
That is WORD FOR WORD what my local Sytner (Tamworth) told me when I asked them to match the deal.

Long live CarWow indeed!

I don't think it's just a G30 thing - some of the smaller dealers struggle with their targets, Sytner don't hence they don't need to do big discounts. If they don't sell X number of cars by the end of the period they have to order the shortfall regardless and they end up being pre-reg's. Pre-reg's sit there till sold, losing money as time passes, so apparently it can be in the dealer's interest to lose money on a definite sale rather than end up with too many pre-reg's sitting around waiting for a buyer that will lose money anyway.
Appreciate 0