Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasM550i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMED View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveschroeder View Post
When you say you removed the resonators, just to be clear, they had to be cut out and replaced with straight pipes where they once were -- is that correct?
Yes that is correct. Simple, easy, cheap and sounds amazing!!
Hi, sounds great! I may have a dumb question, but a question none the less.

Researching online some say to do a resonator delete - some say you gain HP but won't notice and others say you'll loose torque. Some say you won't notice and others say you will big time. Some say you'll have drone and others say you won't....

Others say to do a muffler delete. Say it's much better than a resonator delete. Others say you need to add an x-pipe.

So I'm confused... I definitely don't want to sacrifice performance and I think the resonator delete sounds great. Do you have any idea if it affects the performance negatively?

Your car looks and sounds great by the way!
I thought those same things before I got the work done. It definitely didn't lose power or torque. I would say it would gain a little but not enough for the butt dyno to notice. BMW stock exhausts are pretty restricted especially for their turbocharged V8s. If you look at some tuners websites like Dinan etc... that have straight pipe options and x pipes they all gain some horsepower.
Your car looks great too! Our cars look similar now minus the wheels being different, as I finally got the 3m window tint done. What interior did you go with?
Appreciate 1