07-12-2017, 07:47 PM   #11
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemycar View Post
I live in Miami. He gives me the option of picking up the car at the Bmw performance center, delivering to dealer near me, or ship directly to my house. I always chose delivery to my house. The charge from Baltimore to Miami was super cheap. I'd love to pick it up at the performance center but then I'd have to drive it home and don't want to incur the mileage. Ask him what he can do. He usually has a friendly dealership in your area that will do a "courtesy delivery". They might charge you a nominal fee but then you don't pay the other shipping charge.
Thank You.

Up here in the Pacific NW, I am not aware of any dealer's that will do a courtesy delivery and of the ones who did in the past, I heard nothing but nightmare stories. And that nominal fee was $500.

If a local dealership does $1K or heck even $1500 over ED invoice (which they do) it is a wash given the fact, car arrives locally, no chance of getting damaged by a 3rd party shipping company & etc.

I have been meaning to buy a car from David for years but still have not figured out a way.

Also, if you are not leasing, state of CA will make you pay their taxes if you take delivery there which causes another headache.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0