View Single Post
      07-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #74
Mote
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 - 1991 E30

UPDATE 7/29/09 Intake finished and Coilovers are on the car!

Hey everyone. So today I went to the shop and took a look at the car and I gotta say, I'm more and more impressed each day with the quality of work these guys do. Today I was treated to a new cold air intake setup. Complete custom fabrication which consists of an intake arm to a custom cold air box with a cone filter completely enclosed and blocked from the engine bay! The filter resides in the box with tubing from the brake ducts feeding and pushing cold air into it. This piece is amazing and I haven't been this impressed with a CAI in a long time. Here's some pictures...

This is a front view of the cold air box with the headlight removed so you can see into it. You can see where the filter will reside. Just awaiting the new MAF to be installed then the cone filter can attach to the rest of the plumbing. The box is completely enclosed!

Also on today's menu were my new coilovers and M3 sway links. I ordered the sway links from Pelican Parts and they arrived yesterday. This will be the links which hold the OEM M3 front sway bar to the suspension.

Here are the coils installed!

Well at this point the only thing keeping me from driving this sucker out of the shop now is my registration and a smog check.

Hopefully the next update will be video of the car on the road and sitting on my driveway.
Appreciate 0