View Single Post
      09-24-2009, 02:17 PM   #111
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by startover View Post
Sorry for my ignorance, but how will this thing go up against a 135i with JB3? Is it going to completely leave the 1'er in the dust?

What's the estimated 0-60 and 1/4 mile?
it wont be pretty for the 135...at all

0-60 will depend on traction, i'm not worried about 0-60. On drag radials its not impossible to see 1.7-1.8 60 ft times and sub 4 second 0-60 sprints w/ this setup.

Trap speeds should be well over 120mph and i'm more concerned about those numbers. I will be swapping in a taller final gear (rear diff) which will help me take advantage of the power. As of right now its commical how quickly 1st and 2nd gear go by. Think.......woooooooop, shift.....wooooooooop, shift. As long as it took you to read that is how long it takes to pull the 1st 2 gears and that was on the old turbo.

Previous owner of my turbo trapped 136mph on a built motor if that tells you anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
Think, dry anal rape.
I LOL's literally outloud on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94JZA80 View Post
that's probably pretty accurate. the e36 M3 weighs 200-300 lbs less than a 135i, and will make significantly more power to the wheels than a JB3 135i.
yes it will far outrun at 135 and once a few more tweaks are done probably kill the 135 hard on teh track too.

my car weight in at 3210lbs at the track with a half tank of full, full size spare, cooler and all my camera equipment in it. I think in track setup it would be around 3100lbs by just removing the junk in the trunk.

The car should be 500whp+ on pump and meth once NickG gets his hands on it this fall. That will be at conservative boost levels too. Once I build the motor down the line (if it even becomes necessary) then boost will go up along with power

Nick is also tuning the sick Estorial Mcoupe that is profiled here as well. He stands alone when it comes to OBDII BMW F/I tuning. He's the man.