United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M-Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by maigrait View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgieUK View Post
After a few weeks using it, I have a few more comments:

- the wi-if connectivity is problematic at times. When trying to connect to the dash-cam, my iPhone keeps disconnecting, and re-connecting to CarPlay, so I have to go into iDrive to stop the car connecting to CarPlay
- resolution is OK at best. The overall image is clear, but resolution will not allow you to see car registration numbers unless the car is quite close by.
- Reliability so far is good, with the camera switching between driving mode to parking mode reliably (the camera announces the status via spoken messages)
- to review the video files on my Mac, I had to download VLC video player (Free), and this allowed easy viewing of the files

Any specific questions you may have, do ask and I'll try and answer as best I can
Hi Budgie,
Does yours record the rear? My camera is connected as I can see it in the live view and the option for front/rear is selected but when looking at the images on the card no rear camera ones... Any idea?
Yes, it does record, but seeing it is not straightforward. The front and rear images are in the same file.
I use a Mac, so use VLC player to view the files, but to see the rear image, you need to select the file, then select <video>/<video track>/<Track2>
I hope this helps
Appreciate 0