09-17-2019, 03:55 PM   #868
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post

Just in that statement alone, you confirmed my suspicion. There's actually no hard rules in place that says GM does not publish mule times. If the C8 base mule breaks the 7:20 of the Z06, you bet GM would be out there shouting it from the mountain top.

GM refused to publish the C7 Z51 Ring run BECAUSE PORSCHE BEAT IT. That's how marketing works. Someone already stole your thunder. You think GM won't find a way to "leak" the C8 ring time if it's as speculated significantly faster than the C7 Z51 or Grand Sport times?

Yes, I am just guessing, but I am also a life long marketing executive with experience in the Automotive Aftermarket (no not automotive manufacturing). I know how this works. I still think that those other performance figures are not published or leaked by GM because they weren't the paradigm shift we all thought it would be.
I never said there was a hard GM rule I just stated that I can’t remember them doing it, can you? You’re sort of in the business so I’m thinking you might know better. I’m talking about production cars here and when they do run it “official” of course it will be broadcast to the world.
The Carrera S beating the C7 was an official Corvette run time, it’s the first time I’ve heard of that the company declined to put it on the big board, I don’t recall another time that was done by Corvette, do you? I’m all ears.
I think you’re really jumping the gun here thinking that they already have these performance numbers locked down already. Even during the unveiling they locked the engine compartment down because the construction wasn’t even completed and didn’t want the press to get pics. You give them to much credit to get stuff done fast like a NASCAR pit crew, don’t even be surprised if there’s a delay in the roll off.
I’m guessing here also and I’m confident that this car will far surpass your low set bar. We won’t have too long to wait, if there’s no holdups that is.
I’m going to say here for posterity it will be at least 15 sec quicker around the Ring faster then the Z51 C7. Official C8 time vs the C7’s 7:39 that is.

Just saw your second post so I’ll just tack it on here.
I recall you stating another day why go with the mid because the C7 did so well against the completion with the front engine. You’re right it did and beat cars a lot more expensive then it was. So did the C6 variants. Why are you so skeptical when the past 19 years the company demonstrated they know what they’re doing to compete very well and surprise many in the game? The proof is in the pudding and on the track timer.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 09-17-2019 at 04:02 PM..
Appreciate 0