View Single Post
      05-31-2019, 12:25 PM   #21
AnotherName25
Registered
Rep
Drives: 228i Sportline convertible

Drove both an M sport 330i (no track handling package w/ the adaptive suspension) and m340i with the adaptive suspension. Both 30 min test drives through Napa area. Curves roads, bumps, etc. so I got a great feel for them. I’m also coming from a 228i Sportline convertible, which had Potenza rft’s and now PS 3+ non-rft’s for background. Tires were the same for both, Pirelli’s, but I forgot to look at exact model. Both rft.

330i: comfortable, could have been better, soft steering (stiffer than mine, softer than x3 m40i I test drove as well). FeedBack: sort of there, especially in sport mode. Couldn’t really push it but wasn’t 228i / F30 numb. Acceleration: good. Exhaust sound (w speakers) much better than F30’s I’ve driven.

M340i: more comfortable, probably from adaptive suspension. Wasn’t too sure what to do with it versus putting it into sport. FeedBack was more numb than the 330i probably from it using the old ZF steering rack. Exhaust sounded deeper than the 330i albeit muted still. Honestly think cars like the e90 sound better, n/a or turbo. Fast as expected. After driving it for 15 or so minutes on curvy roads, it didn’t feel any more special than my 228i.

Would go with the 330i based on better steering feel, but with the adaptive suspension.

Just my honest 2 cents, let me know if any of you had similar experiences or questions about it.
Appreciate 0