NFS13
Car Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335is / R8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Horrible compared to what, the front? If so then I would agree with you in that Audi didn't give it as nice a tail as it did a nose but it's not a total disaster. I don't think the word horrible shouldn't even be used on this occasion, maybe unadventurous or disappointing but not horrible. That word should be reserved for what BMW has done with the F20 1er, they had an opportunity to address the failings of the old 1er like packaging but instead burdened to thing with the kind of face even a mother would struggle to love.
I was at the dealership looking at it in the lot for a half an hour. The car from the rear quarter forward is beautiful! The interior is beautiful!. But the rear is too short for that upward angle ( a foot too short ). The rear deck looked to be split into two equal panels ( I am guessing one is a pop up spoiler? ) but the deck is only about 18" high and very steep.
I know you are an Audi guy, so its hard for you to accept. But the fact is it looks like they fell asleep with the clay knife when they got to the back!
Appreciate 0