VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlothery View Post
Thanks. Exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Anyone else have experience with the Michelin runflats? One of my concerns is that, should I have a tire failure on the road somewhere, the runflat may get me to a safe place, but the chances of finding a replacement in BFE are almost nill. Easier, I suspect, to find a PS4S, but not sure about that. Anyway, could get stranded for a couple of days either way (and even true if I had a spacesaver spare, I suspect...since I like backroads and countryside), while a tire gets express delivered to where ever in BFE. However, I would like any info available from those who have tried the Michelin runflats, and/or opinions about what I just said. Thanks.
You can always buy the spare tire kit and only put it in the trunk when you drive out of town. That way you're fully covered. It may take some height out of your trunk space, but you get that cool little organizer that comes with it. IMO, every BMW should come with the $150 option by default. It can easily be removed. It might cost over $600 for the same OEM kit, but it would be well worth it than having to deal with a tow and a trip to a tire shop when you're out in the middle of nowhere.

It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
Appreciate 0