View Single Post
      07-04-2019, 07:42 AM   #24
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Thanks for all of the comments. Some relate to athletic competition, some relate to general health and fitness.

I am seeking general health and fitness, namely BMI somewhere in the low 20s and fat percentage somewhere in the mid teens. I also strive for emotional balance throughout the day. 6 meals per day, with no restrictions on food type or category, helps me do this. Plus regular exercise. I am not, however a "gym rat".

A person who is preparing for athletic competition, or who seeks a rapid change of weight or fat percentage, may choose a specialized diet and exercise plan. Although as pointed out in other threads on this site, some of the named diet and exercise regimens come with health risks.

I'm sticking with 6 meals per day, and over the long term my goals are:

- gradual reduction of total caloric intake, to bias the plan towards small weight loss
- gradual migration away from red meat, towards fish, eggs, vegetables, grains and fruit. I enjoy a steak as much as anyone, however I feel better physically when I eat less red meat. I have no moral, ethical or other objection to meat. I do not identify with the labels of vegan or vegetarian.
- gradual reduction of concentrated sugar, such as found in desserts. I enjoy desserts, and at the same time realize the quantity of sugar consumed in a short time period doesn't feel right to me.
Appreciate 0