AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lago1974 View Post
Update - I contacted BMWNA by e-mail and they provided steps to reset the app in the car. Apparently I didn't see that option before. It seems to have worked, as the car now accepts lock and unlock commands, status seems to be accurate now.
Good news. Nevertheless, do not expect BMW Connected to be perfect. Mine works almost all of the time but sometimes "forgets" that the car has moved from one location to another and reports its location inaccurately. In these cases it is very good at showing where you were last but not where you are now. I have had several instances where the car is in my garage but the app reports it at a shopping center several miles away -- where I had last parked. My theory is this has to do with the cell reception in different areas - the cell reception in my garage is almost zero.
Appreciate 0