LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
Good news. Nevertheless, do not expect BMW Connected to be perfect. Mine works almost all of the time but sometimes "forgets" that the car has moved from one location to another and reports its location inaccurately. In these cases it is very good at showing where you were last but not where you are now. I have had several instances where the car is in my garage but the app reports it at a shopping center several miles away -- where I had last parked. My theory is this has to do with the cell reception in different areas - the cell reception in my garage is almost zero.
Yeah I think you are right. I believe the car sends its last location when it turns off so you can see it instantly in the app. My old MB would only show you your current location after you hit a button and it would go ask the car which could take a while. As you not only need to wake the car but wait for a GPS signal and etc.

I find when the BMW is a little off and hasn’t updated in a while accessing the location by clicking it and then letting it show you on a map forces it to re-acquire. As if I come back in a few minutes later it is usually updated.

But if you are in a poor signal area I am sure even that may not work.
Appreciate 0