View Single Post
      10-26-2014, 12:43 PM   #312
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
Dude, don't go that route... Suicide is a long term solution to a short term problem. Just look at the bright side of things and count your blessings. My best friend is a 13F in the Army, and as soon as I get my ass in gear I'm thinking of joining the USAF... But don't let anybody tell you that your service is unappreciated, and the ones that don't appreciate it ignorantly think your absence things are going to be "OK"... They just don't realize that if it wasn't for you or even possibly the butterfly effect thereof, that some crazed Islamic extremist would continue to wreak havoc on US soil, or the area next to their house could be your next AO if it wasn't kept in check.

I lost my pops to suicide and believe me, as much as he thinks "nobody would give a shit if he died" it's fucking hard and the most selfish, coward thing a normally strong person can do. I still have nightmares about him even as short as a week ago, and it's been a year and 4 months since he aimed a sawed-off at his head, and while he was alive and had depression, it was so bad that I pointed my USP .45 at myself, but sold it when I realized what the hell I was about to do.

I look forward to seeing you alive, don't do this.
Thank you, NEFARIOUS. I really appreciate you talking me off the ledge and sharing your personal story. I am sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family are finding support from each other during the difficult times.You are absolutely right about the end result when it comes to suicide.

I agree with you when you say that it is ultimately selfish and cowardly to take ones own life. I understand that victory cannot be obtained by falling on your own sword. Like your dad, I have known other good men to take their own lives over the years. I always keep the thoughts to myself, but secretly I understood how someone could make the choice to end it.

I definitely know that things could always be worse, and I will have to find a way to pull myself out of the hole I seem to be stuck in. Thanks once again for taking the time to offer a helping hand. I spend so much of my time tending to others, but its good to know that there are people like you that would do the same for an anonymous stranger on the internet.