10-26-2014, 07:55 PM   #317
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Thank you, Revartr. You sharing your own thoughts and personal experience and struggle with life really goes a long way in helping others during their struggles.

I have thought about exactly what you mentioned like dropping everything and going to a secluded location in some random part of the world. Not sure what has been stopping me from doing that...

Even in the past when thinking of committing the act, I still took pleasure in the little things like music, driving/riding my training and my very small circle of friends. Not sure what happened, but now I don't get excited about the things I used to enjoy and subconsciously I seemed to have separated myself from everyone. Of course I still go to work but that's about it. It takes so much strength and energy just to walk out my door in the morning.

When I have a friend/company during a weekend when I'm not working, I only accept the company because they basically insist on coming over. Lovely ladies, but if they decided to stop seeing me, I really don't care one way or the other.

I will consider your advice and maybe look into something new that may trigger a motive to start enjoying myself. Thanks once again for taking the time to acknowledge my struggle. Mentally and physically I'm your typical loner/tough guy that never asks for help, but you definitely provided me with a helping hand in my time of need. Thank you.
I've been in a similar spot, though probably not the same. Hell, I've been a bit of a loner as of late. Aside from hitting up a bar with a couple of friends every now and then, I mostly just go home, get drunk, and watch tv. But I try to take pleasure in my tipsiness from liquor, tasty food, and humorous television. But sometimes that can only go so far or in some cases make it worse. Try spending more time in nature. Today, for instance, I went out on a long hike out in some deep woods, brought some cold beer (and plenty of water) with me, found a nice spot on the river, and just sat on the edge and relaxed. Take it all in, how beautiful the world we live in is, saw a few deer, cracked a couple of beers, etc. It truly is an awesome experience.

On a side note, one thing that I do believe can go a long, long way is an animal companion. It's always lovely to come home to a happy animal buddy (personally, I prefer dogs). One reason, I'll be happy to move out of this place.
Appreciate 0