View Single Post
      01-07-2019, 02:15 PM   #49
rudling
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremycloud View Post
I've asked my local dealer in Houston, TX to price a '19 M550i custom loaded ($93,325 MSRP) BMW. He gave me the usual line that all dealers get a very limited allocation of 1 - 2 a month and since most are customs, they command MSRP pricing. Because I've bought there before, he generously offered to cover the $995 destination charge.

Are these limited availability issues real? If so, do they really affect pricing or is this all BS? Is the deal I should be expecting still 6-10% below MSRP or $2,000 below invoice?

Thanks!
Yes, the availability is limited, but yes, you can find good deals on spec'd M550s. For whatever reasons, the dealerships in Southern California are much more competitive than those up here in Northern California, where I live. So that's where I buy my cars, and generally I have no trouble finding dealers (typically via this or a similar forum) who'll do deals at or below invoice, even for high-demand spec orders. I'm one of those guys who paid $2K below invoice for the spec'd '19 M550 I picked up last month. The 400-mile drive home was an opportunity to get a head start on the break-in countdown, made pretty pleasant by the ACC, lanekeeping, and massaging seats ;-)

If there are no board sponsors near you, you might consider drafting an email that sets out the deal you want (and makes clear that you know how the back end works, by specifying things like the buy rate on the MF if you're leasing, or that you've included the current incentive programs, etc. etc.) and firing it off to the sales or fleet or "internet" managers at the closest 5-10 dealerships to you.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0