United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I loved Heavy Metal as a kid. With that line up and the showtimes, I'm guessing these showings were geared toward those who preferred a bit of a more hallucinogenic type buzz.

Back when the release of the newest beginning of the Star Wars films came out, the local family owned theater here did a midnight viewing of the first (released) 3 films - Star Wars, Empire and Return starting at midnight.

Three of my hoodlum friends and I went. Surprisingly we were the only 4 in the entire theater. The only employee left in the theater let us have our run of the place. We got extremely inebriated [I'll exclude the substance(s)] and even shared with the guy. He came and sat with us and "chilled" for the next couple of hours. He shut Empire down halfway through and let us run across the street to Wendy's, then let us eat in the theater. We of course brought him back some food as well. He even let us smoke in the theater after he realized we were taking smoke breaks and propping the emergency exit door open. Best movie theater experience ever!
Me and a buddy rode our bikes 3 miles to be 1st in line for Empire. We were the second people in, but got middle of the theater. I never saw Star Wars in a theater till its re-release. I originally saw it at a drive-in.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00