View Single Post
      03-18-2020, 09:31 AM   #20
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5MC (MBB/SS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Even US based BMW factory depends on parts made in Germany. The supplies chains are so tightly integrated that it's only a matter of time for X-series orders to be affected.
I agree. Avoiding a full scale production delay at Spartanburg in the very near future seems like a very long putt indeed. With every new day of cascading economic realities, I suspect BMW NA is also realizing that demand itself - or the expected lack thereof - will convince them to close the SC plant as well. I suspect a fair amount of people in that make up the BMW target market have lost 10-30% of their net worth in the last month. People start thinking twice before buying USD 75k+ depreciable assets with less discretionary income after a black swan event...perhaps as they should.

Thus, the combination of supply chain interruptions, blunted demand and, of course, health considerations for their employees/community make seem unlikely that Spartanburg isn’t put on ice for at least 2-4 weeks, maybe longer. We’ll see.
Appreciate 3
cfm56d7b5849.00
clee1982796.00
Ibiza3480.00