View Single Post
      07-07-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
rodi
. . .
Rep
Drives: your FACE!

*OFFICIAL* Critique Thread

Welcome to the Official BimmerPost Photography Critique Thread.

The Rules of the thread are quite simple: Someone posts a photo in a reply, the person below must critique the photo in the post above (following the critique guidelines below) and then post a photo to be critiqued, thus starting a chain of constructive (albeit sometimes brutal) critiques. The purpose of this thread is the improvement of two areas: your own photos and your perception of viewing photographs in a way that helps elevate the art form.
Your critique does NOT need to praise, nor does it need to bash - but it must be critical and "reasonably" in depth. Tact is also encouraged.

Critique Guidelines (to be edited as necessary moving forward):

0. Please keep the images at or less than 1024 pixels wide and 800 pixels tall. (Composition is no fun when you have to scroll back and forth to see the whole image).

1. Do not say "I like it." Tell us WHY. What does it do for you?

2. Give reasons and back up your claims with references to objective principles of art or similar.

3. Do not take anything personally! Critiques are meant to help you improve and learn something. Is it opinion or objective and constructive criticism? Know the difference.

4. Although technical aspects are important overall, try to keep your points based on the principles of art/photography rather than technical imperfections like a small area that is a blown out highlight.

The Guidelines will be updated as the thread grows and discussions arise.

This should be fun.
I hope someone finds it beneficial.
Or maybe it's redundant since we always comment on each others' work in the other threads?

Last edited by rodi; 07-25-2011 at 11:09 PM..
Appreciate 0