01-07-2017, 06:37 AM   #11
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spied4US View Post
I agree with you. Your reading of the the pricing guide makes clear the Premium Package (ZPP) includes the ICON adaptive LED headlights in addition to a host of other items such as Sirius radio, WiFi access, keyless access, etc., and that purchasing the PP may be the only way to get the ICON adaptive LED headlight package on 540s purchased here (in the U.S.). And let me add that it never fails to amaze me how "resourceful" -- i.e., xxxxxxx cheap -- German automobile manufacturers can be in charging for equipment one would reasonably would expect to find included in the cost of a premium car. Another example is charging for a backup camera in 2017, a item that has been standard equipment on a Toyota Corolla for at least two years.
Yes, a feature like backup camera should be standard, but you in the US still get the BMW's with the most equipment standard. At least compared to Europe, not sure about the Asian market.

Take a look at the German pricelist to see all the options that costs extra that you get standard. The drawback for you is that you can't customize the car from factory like in Germany.

Edit: The attached pdf file doesn't show in the App.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW_5er_Preisliste.pdf (5.49 MB, 267 views)

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0