View Single Post
      01-07-2019, 09:43 AM   #950
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

I made some pizza yesterday. I made two batch of dough, as I usually do when I'm testing something new. I always make whatever the current favorite is so that, we are guaranteed to have some good pizza to eat, and to have something to compare.

I was a little worried about the whole wheat flour, I was afraid the crust would taste 'woody' like the cheap whole wheat bread we were subjected to as kids. That was not the case at all.

The freshly milled whole wheat flour add a depth of flavor that you just don't normally get in a pizza crust. The dough had much more texture, but it still developed gluten nicely and stretched just like a pizza dough should. It is really good for pizzas that are simple/minimalist and let the crust shine.

One note, the dough over proofed a little bit, I was planning on cooking saturday, I ended up doing it on sunday. The crust got a little 'extra' puffy, which I don't really mind.

The next thing I am going to try with pizza is a 50/50 blend of fresh milled whole wheat and 00 flour.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1