View Single Post
      10-28-2014, 09:56 AM   #336
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
Most definitely glad to cover your 6 on that regard, that PTSD can be a real downer... I may not have been on a battlefield, but last year I did have to endure some things some people should never see and briefly had it myself. Also a career change is always a refreshing change of pace... I'm still throwing out resumes like crazy and am planning to jump ship the split second something comes up myself. Being happy with all that you do, including a nice house, rides, and occupation is a nice balance that should not be overlooked... My philosophy has always been that if you aren't at least contempt with one, change it for the better as soon as humanly possible. You may have read about my battles, but the going has only gone rough for a month and things are shipping up, and I hope to see your battles clear soon; I have faith that things have a way of working itself out.

Anyway, which borough do you live in? I got a cousin in SoHo (IIRC) who recently moved out there from Taiwan, not to mention I've always wanted to see what the praises of New York pizza is all about... Last (and so far only) time I was there in '01 it was a poorly coordinated tour and except for continental breakfast, everybody stuck to Chinese food they can get anywhere in Taiwan instead of immersing themselves into local culture . Anyway, when I get to head out to NYC again, hope to be able to see you there and buy you a round... To celebrate you staying alive. So stay frosty; that "frost" just might keep your beer cold .
Hang in there NEFARIOUS. You seem to have a plan, so stick with it and things will definitely improve, as you said. Although the plan very rarely survives contact with the enemy, having contingency plans usually help pick up the slack.

I think my current problem is that complacency has set in, and this is really against my nature. I need to motivate myself to start setting goals for myself again, and not simply fade away into the haze of wake up, go to the gym/dojo, go to work, got to my APT, go to sleep. Rinse, wash repeat. You mentioned PTSD, and it's facinating how everyone of us, Service member or not, can experience PTSD and it's effect can set in at any given time, fade away then maybe emerge again. I have always been interested in how perception shapes the thought process, and how everyone interprets reality differently, even when hard evidence can prove the individual's thought process to be skewed.

I live in Queens now, but grew up in BK, before I lived all over the place due to work. SO, I know Queens and Brooklyn fairly well. I also know the City well, as I worked in Manhattan for a few years. Always down for a drink or two, so I will only allow you to buy the first round, if you can accept me covering the second round!

Bimmette is going to want punch me for saying that, because she is suggesting I give the bottle a rest for a while..... and I belive she may on to something there.