10-28-2014, 11:15 AM   #342
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Hey Billup, we have had a couple converstations on this forum, and I have come to respect your outlook on may topics covered in, well, OT. I know you are one of the "Cool Kids" on this forum, and you have probably been one of the cool kids all your life. Your confidence is admirable, and I am, and always have been a bit envyous of guys like you. I don't fall into that category, lol.

I used to do some of those exciting things you mentioned above, and have experienced much in all the years I have been walking the earth. Not sure if it's age, or my current employment postion that just sapped my energy over the past two years or so. I will have to start getting back out there again and see if that gets my energy cycling again.

Thank you all once again for the encouragement and support. My gratitude towards you all knows no bounds.
I wouldn't say I've been the "cool kid" my whole life, but I have always made a point of making friends with everyone I come in contact with. I hung out with the "losers", goth kids, preppy kids, black kids, it really didn't matter. It's really just learning to be OK with yourself, and understanding your own value on earth.

I had a 2 year "depression" spree around senior year of HS, where I was doing a ton of things I shouldn't have, and in turn, it had some pretty bad affects on how I viewed life and myself. So with that said, while I can't compare on the exact situation you are in, the emotions are essentially the same. To this day, I still work on myself and tell myself that I am OK with the flaws I do have, but I don't let that burden life as a whole. Remind yourself that there are people who have it so incredibly poorly off that what we get to embrace in life is one of the best gifts you could ever receive, and nothing should put a damper on that.

Experiencing new things and new places can open your eyes to what life is all about. I was talking to this chick about skydiving, and she said, Oh I'd never do that, that's scary, what if the shute doesn't deploy? For me, I don't think about things like that, I think about the thrill and the amount of joy I would feel when my feet touch the ground, because I did something that naturally would make me shit my pants.

All I'm saying is, you ultimately have the power to be happy with who you are as a person today. New things come in life no matter how young or how old you are, and that's what makes life exciting. My friends that essentially gave up when they were 18, 20, and 21...., have no way to turn back the clock and do things that really remind you what life is all about. Not to mention the pain it causes on all the people around you, and the fact that you have people that care about you that much should be enough to put a smile on your face.

Embrace life man. I am far from being a stud or the cool kid, I am just me, and people either like it or they don't. I love it, and that's all that matters, as it should for you and anyone else.
Appreciate 0