View Single Post
      02-04-2020, 11:05 AM   #14
tooloud10
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 M3 convertible

I have found the stories about RR reliability to be greatly exaggerated on anything built after '05 or so. I have an '06 LR3 with 130k and the only expense I've incurred other than maintenance is a $500 alternator (very recently). I did replace the air compressor but it was only a few hundred dollars--I'll call that maintenance since it's a common item on any air-suspended vehicle and anything with a normal suspension would have had to have been completely replaced by this point in ownership.

It's especially hilarious to see people in a BMW forum knocking Land Rovers. I would trust my LR3 to drive across the country over my old E70 or current F25.

Both of my BMW SUVs have been completely unreliable and required greater than $25k in repairs EACH while accruing less than 25k miles EACH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Check out Doug Demuro's video on his CarMax Warranty regarding his used Range Rover.
That was a pretty biased video intended to make the RR repairs look as expensive as possible in order to get clicks--that's how Doug makes money. For example, he's reporting $14-1500 each to replace air springs, something my independent mechanic would charge me $3-400 to do.

Any vehicle in this class is going to have similar rates if you take it to the dealer with out of warranty repairs.