View Single Post
      12-03-2005, 09:52 AM   #14
bmwczech
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i Alpine White

I see where you are coming from supadan. You make some good points.
I don't know why I am responding to this post since I have never owned a MB and I will be receiving my e90 in a few weeks, but I can at least comment on what I have heard from my buddies that have owned them.
I have heard from some of my friends on some of the unrealible aspects of their MBs. In consmer reports MB doesn't do well while BMW does better, particularily the 3 series. On the other hand my friends that own BMWs have been very pleased and have said they are quite reliable.
I have heard that MB has had some real qaulity issues over recent years which I am sure most of you have heard of.
For me personally when I was deciding to purchase a car, I really looked closely at the MB C Class vs the BMW e90. After driving both I was clear on what I liked more, but I have to say the MB was quite nice. I can see why the MB would appeal to an older consumer. The MB drove quite smooth and looked more luxurious inside.
At the end of the day I think both Auto Makers do a great job of engineering their cars but I can't say one is ahead of the other. They are competitors and they will continue to push the envelope to become better which is good for us consumers.
Appreciate 0