View Single Post
      03-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
iamcpap
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X5M

Nav Issue - Wrong directions, can't find addresses

Hi all, I did a quick search, but it returned no results or not this issue...

Sometimes when I go to enter an address it won't allow me to enter the correct address, as if the address is 2031 N. Damen, it will just have the "1" already selected for the first digit, as if there is no 2000 block on N. Damen.

Same issue when trying to come home, it says my address doesn't exist in Chicago, unless i enter the Zip code, but Zip code isn't always available when you are entering an address...

Also, the system gives me wrong directions. So I am going on the expressway and it tells me to get off at an exit, then tells me to make a u-turn, so i make a u-turn and as soon as I do it tells me to make another u-turn and the cycle just repeats itself.

I have now resorted to putting my iphone in front of my nav and using that. I emailed the GM i work with at my dealer and he says that B<W is working on a new map vendor for their North America nav, but there is not a resolution in place as of yet...

Does anyone have a workaround to upload good information or any insider information if this has been discussed before.

Thanks!
Chris
Appreciate 0