10-13-2021, 03:55 PM   #14
gohawks23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bauer S29s

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubzz24 View Post
I don't have a Model 3 performance, but I have an older Model S P85D which has similar acceleration figures. I've had the car as a daily for going on 3 years now, and I absolutely love it as a DD. Autopilot in crappy traffic is amazing, and even 3 years later the acceleration off the line puts a smile on my face. I don't care about racing people, but I love the feeling of that rush off the line and it just doesn't get old.

That said, this car does NOT scratch the gear head itch. While it handles very well and is crazy quick, it lacks the feel and the driver involvement. That's why I currently have a Z4M Coupe as a fun car, which I am trading in on a '22 M3 (probably 6spd).

There's no doubt in my mind that I'm keeping the Tesla long term though. Even as a 2014 model it's only lost about 3% battery capacity after 130k km, and I ran it at the drag strip a few months ago with basically the same figures it was rated at new, 11.8 @ 114mph. Plus 3 years of maintenance has just been tire replacements and rotations, which is great.

TL;DR: M3P is a great car especially as a daily but if you're like me you'll still want a more engaging car to scratch that itch.
Yeah, I hear ya...I love manual M3's and the interaction...wish I could order one...lol
Appreciate 0