View Single Post
      04-11-2018, 12:19 PM   #5500
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltnBoostedZ View Post
Niiiiice!!! Glad to see other guitar freaks on here. Just getting past the point of finger training....So the learning curve is going away and I'm picking up songs in a matter of hours now. I can play most metallica songs (enter sandman, nothing else matter, etc), Cream, Black Sabath, Beatles, etc.

Epi. I won't buy a gibson until I get really good. From what I can tell, these Epi Les Pauls....especially the standard and studios....you cant tell the difference when you play. If the pickups or wiring starts to degrade, I'll replace with gibson hardware. Love it though. I'd practice with my acoustic like once every few days....now that I have the les paul special edition studio deluxe, I practice 3 times a day for 45 min. Makes getting better super quick.
I don't blame you there at all. Epiphone's are a great guitar for far less than a Gibson. Yes the materials are different and the tone is different but at the end of the day if you're comfortable with what you've bought and the money spent on it, that's all that matters; especially for someone learning. What acoustic are you playing? I sold my Ovation to my ex-wife a few years back to give to the step son for graduation because I taught him how to play and it meant something to him. Although it was for a good cause and he cherishes it, I still miss that guitar. If you haven't ever played an Ovation, make it a point to do so; they're nothing short of amazing.
Appreciate 0