View Single Post
      07-09-2019, 10:55 AM   #4
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

There are several BMW dealers within range of your location. Consider any dealers between San Diego and Los Angeles. Send emails to each with your requirements and your request for their best price. Make sure that incentives are included. If there is a financing incentive, and you don't want to finance, you can do what I did. I had a $4K finance incentive so I did finance my 530e but I paid it off after four months. That stopped BMWNA from going back against the dealership and still got me almost all of the $4K benefit. Let them know the company you work for in case there is a bonus incentive available. Be clear about your options and packages. For a luxury car, that can change the price dramatically so you don't want to be comparing apples and oranges.

The other approach is to do your price homework in advance and then go into the dealership with knowledge and a price point you are willing to pay. Make it clear that this is your price, plus any incentives, and you are walking if you don't get it. Personally, the minute a sales person says he has to go to talk to his manager I am out the door.

Your first decision point, btw, is whether you want something off the lot or you want to order the car. My first BMW was off the lot (sort of...they had to truck it down from a dealer in another state); my current BMW I ordered so I got it as I wanted it. For off the lot, you can check out the packages on the dealer websites.
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00