Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ferrari Red F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
About $400 per sqft here in the greater Seattle area. So, about $800k for a 2,000 sqft house. if you went home shopping in Seattle you'd spend about....wait for it....$800k on a similar 2000 sqft house. Builders arent dumb. The general market for building houses closely tracks the market for buying houses. It it were 50% cheaper to build a house, everyone would do it. If it were 50% more to build a house, no one would do it. So no matter were you live it's about a wash. The free market sees to that.
Yes, but not everyone wants to wait close to 6-8 months for house to build. Builders aren't dumb, but you can save here and there. I would probably need just foundation and framing done by builder, then I have my own people and myself to do the finish. Or go modular.

I dont care about design etc. 1970s house sell for 500k without any major renovations. If I can build a brand new house under 600k, i think it could be a huge win
Put in a central vacuum while you're at it. Your wife will thank you 10 months from now.

There first change order done......

I always say go big or go home. You want to build then no one should stop you.