View Single Post
      05-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #66
JAL0988
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i, 2022 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurcher View Post
I love when people refer to a previous car and it's subjective feeling as "proper". Just like those from the past who didn't like seatbelts.

Time marches on, technology changes ever faster, car's "progress" - sometimes not for the better (Bangle), but it moves us forward so at least everyone is safer. Having just enjoyed feeling my e38's airbags and now having the chance to move into a e89 (picking it up this weekend), I'll appreciate the car for what it is, not what it was or could have been...
Well considering this is e90post.com most people are talking about the 3 series. If you drove an e9x compared to an F30 you'd be disappointed too. If you're inferring that change isn't welcome, that's ridiculous. Forward thinking is what makes a company great. But once you start contradicting your original business plan of making a real driver's car, your loyal client base will find other vices such as your competitors cars, to fill the void you have created. Remember the e92/e93 are still in production, so I don't agree with your statement inferring that it is a car of the past. The electric steering is what seems to be the problem. I bet if they switched back to hydrolic, you'd hear a lot less complaints.
Appreciate 0