View Single Post
      01-04-2018, 12:12 AM   #20
Velgro77
Rep
Drives: 540d xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab3_Fr0man View Post
does that really make sense?? I can't see how that would work at all.
Well it doesn't hurt to try it out and see. Normally we don't have those low temps where I live in Sweden but -15 to -20 normal winters. When I start the car in these low temps it takes a lot longer for the system to start generating heat if I choose for example 23 degrees instead of 20. It is also noticeable if you start your journey and set it to 23 and then lower it to 20, you can actually hear the airstream accelerate and start producing heat faster.

I'm talking about the initial minutes after starting, after a while when the system seems to be up and running and produce heat you can increase temp settings although I never tried setting it as high as +28. Never used higher than +23 in very cold conditions, normal setting for me this time of year is +21 to +22.

I really don't know the tech behind all of this but I do spend a lot of time in my car, 8-90000km per year, and this is the conclusion I have. Might be wrong but as I said initially just try it and see if you can see any difference. The car should without hesitation be able to give you a good climate even in these low outside temps.
Appreciate 1