View Single Post
      02-04-2020, 10:55 AM   #37
byroncheung
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 m3, 997.2 c2s, x166 GL450

I switched from e90 m3 to 997.2 c2s half a year ago after my m3 was totaled. Thought about getting another e9x but at the end decided to try something different. Partly due to don’t want to live under the constant fear of rod bearing failure.

True that HP is lower in the 997.2 but the car being lighter it is still a faster car than the m3. And with the car being lighter, braking and handling are so much better. The 911 is a better driver car, period.

Yes it is more expensive, not just the initial purchase price but also parts and mods. Also being a less common car the used parts market is less liquid than the m3. It all adds to the cost of ownership.

But on the flip side, laymen see a 911 as the more exotic / prestige car than the m3, side benefits are valet / other drivers tends to be more careful with / around the 911, you gets more compliments from laymen etc. However if you are getting a base / s, you will always crave for a gt3 / rs… with the m3 you’re done, there are no better 3 series...

Obviously it’s not as practical as the m3, but as far as a sports car goes it’s quite practical, especially if you have kids. I was going to either get a Cayman or 911 now thinking back I’m so glad I got the 911, with the 2 backseats I can take the kids out for errands => more drive time and more happier miles.

Although I still miss the m3, especially the engine. It revs higher, in my opinion sounds better (I have been modding the 911 exhaust but now I have come to accept it will just be different from the m3). But all in all I’m happy with my 911.
Appreciate 3
tooloud10699.00
BayE301341.00
Salty Dog3572.50