Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlothery View Post
Pete, I so respect your opinions and the posts you put forward on this forum. However, I must respectfully disagree with you on this issue. These are the worst tires I have ever experienced, and do not come close in comparison in any way to the Michelin PS3ZPs which I am now running. And for about the same cost, which is the really ridiculous thing.
I'm only stating what the situation has been over here with the Goodyear. Yes there are a few failures, but doesn't appear the proportion of problems like the US market, to rubbish the tire. I've not spoken with any tire shops, but from the forum reading appears most brands have some issues with pothole damage.

I do wonder what the differences are, causing the added failures. Sharper pothole edges? Different way the surfaces are put down? Don't know, just trying to understand.

Comparing to other brands, maybe it is softer sidewalls on the RFT version.
Pete

My bet is the issue with this tire is same in Europe. That said:

Roads in Europe may be better? Probably!

I'm gonna guess that fewer G30's are sold in Europe with 20" staggered summer tires.

I'm also gonna guess that Europeans jump on forums less frequently to vent their frustrations.

I know, weak science, but it's all I've got. Nevertheless, do yourself a favor and move to Michelin Pilot Sport 3ZP for your next tire change.