View Single Post
      03-15-2020, 07:13 AM   #91
AFinnish530e
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e 2019 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFinnish530e View Post
2019 530e here. Having vibrations felt in the steering wheel and the seat(s) at 125km/h until 155km/h or so and rarely but randomly at lower speeds (from 60) as well. Had it on stock M Sport 18 inch wheels with RFT tyres and no change when I put Continental Ice Contact 2 non-RFT tyres on the same rims. Been at the dealer once, no solution found. Taking it back on 5th Nov.

What is bothering me is that at times the vibration is stronger, sometimes almost, almost unnoticeable. I’m really hoping to get this resolved.

What wheels and tyres do you have in your vibrating car(s)?
I think I have finally found the cause which was the stock 18 inch M Sport alloys delivered with the car. I think they (or one of those) have been defective from factory. With two different set of tyres and roadforce balance two dealerships could not get it sorted. The problem was more noticeable when the inner sides of the rims were covered in dirt and dust, but was never away even when the wheels were properly cleaned.

Yesterday I went to pick up a used (but in perfect condition) set of Style 759 20” rims and RFT tyres, the ride is 100% smooth at all speeds. I am relieved
Appreciate 1
Krill39.50