View Single Post
      08-31-2023, 05:16 PM   #25
oldtexasdog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550I X Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerbarn View Post
The Data Privacy settings don't report that you flashed your DME or how many times. The flash counter is local to the DME. The data sent to BMW is more for notifications, maintenance, 3rd party related stuff. In fact, if you upgrade the software on your own like I've down dozens of times via ISTA, the MyBMW app will still show the last version flashed at a dealer (since FASTA is sent to backend at that time). The presence of a difference is not an automatic flag for warranty either. I had to take our 540i in for warranty work recently (B&W speakers blew) and I had updated it via ISTA from really old I-Drive to latest 07/2023 and they never even mentioned it. They of course had to run codes to diagnose so they plugged it in to ISTA and BMW backend.

That said, I'd probably turn off certain Data Privacy selections anyway just so there's very little risk of getting notified of a RSU and accidentally applying it.

PS - All of my updates were whole vehicle flashing, not just the DME. Continually flashing the DME only which tuners often do will absolutely throw a flag for suspicion of tuning. That's why you want a solution that resets all of the information back to previous state like M-Link Flashback.

Big Thanks I have been wondering about that.
Appreciate 0