View Single Post
      01-26-2023, 11:40 AM   #79
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcF10 View Post
I bought my BMW for the status as well as the performance and I feel very good about it. If i could justify the purchasing of an expensive watch like Rolex i would also buy it.

Enjoying the best in life is a good thing. No reason to apologise.

Regarding the driving skills. Have you noticed our cars are loaded with all sorts of electronics and assistants and radars and silly service manuals?

It's because the manufacturers are interested in selling more cars to the average Joe who have no idea what a car is and how not to kill themselves driving a car.

I have been on the track with motorcycles back in the day. It is a great experience and testing yourself and your ride. But track days are sport and hobby and you cannot practice the same in the motorway. It just gives you confidence and preparedness to deal with risk.

I have learned that risk is not good if you cannot tolerate the consequences. I steer away from risk and drive my BMW as a boss and a poser.

For myself and myself only. Not even my wife and kids. That's the point. Live up to your real animal desires and enjoy your life to the fullest.

And yes, driving a BMW shows other drivers you have a bigger dick. Fact. Women understand that.

Lamborghinis, Porsches, Ferraris are for the weirdos. You can't drive like a boss on these, you always have to feel anxious about proving you are a good pilot.

not for me
I can’t tell if this is satire or not but I did get a chuckle