View Single Post
      02-11-2020, 10:10 AM   #2
Wivenhoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e - delivered Nov 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
I was looking at my local dealer's inventory (I've got an itch for an 8 series) and noticed that they had several (like 5 or more) used 2019 540i each with only a few thousands miles.

It's not real unusual - heck, my car (2019 540i) has less than 5K on it and I'm already thinking of something else (although reality will shortly bite me on the butt when I compare lease payments) and it makes me wonder, is it the nature of this market niche, that people sell/trade these things in the first year, at a huge loss, or are the known issues with the car (few, but include the highway vibrations) enough to get people to switch?

Curious to hear what others think.
I had a new 840D convertible as a loan car. Superb engine, uninspired interior and absolutely no rear vision (even with 360 camera) when reversing out of a car parking spot. I couldn’t wait to return it as it made me so nervous to reverse. When I took it back the dealer said I wasn’t the first to have said it ! He said it applied to most big convertibles. I’m sure the coupe is different.
Appreciate 0