View Single Post
      09-12-2021, 04:09 PM   #7
Jonny2400
Private
Rep
Drives: G30 530d X Drive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwwbingcom View Post
Okay then, so I was on the motorway yesterday, ans I got the drivetrain fault and my car bugged out, once I parked and turned it back on the issue went, and car is driving normally. This is unbelievable, I got the car last week Friday from Quirks Car company, its been 9 days since I've had it! Any advice? I do have 6 months warranty which covers up to a grand, but my past experience with cars tells me this will be a lot more
You can’t blame the G30, as you stated YOU have had it remapped and now your having issues, the warranty also won’t cover cars which have been modified from manufactures standard set up.

I would recommend, fully charging your car battery (low battery gives drive train fault, happened on my 2018 530dx) that prob will sort the code, if not maybe have the remap removed to see if that fixes it, before taking it into the garage.

Not having a dig at you btw, I ran a remap on my own 5 series for 50k, I’ll try the battery first as it’s prob been low as it’s sat about waiting to be sold and then while it’s been remapped it could have been on, without engine running for a hour or two ?
Appreciate 0