09-03-2019, 09:18 AM   #9
SteveMondragon
Seaman
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 | I01 | G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Depends entirely on your driving and where you have the ability to charge. If you have the ability to charge in your garage, and at work, and do mostly local driving, you will get extraordinary range on a tank of gas.

But the benefit drops when you lose one or more of these attributes. If you do a lot of long driving, you will quickly run out of juice and will then be running the G30 in traditional hybrid mode. Your mpg will then drop.

You need to figure out what you are wanting to accomplish and then decide if the 530e meets your needs or if you need something different.
100% this.

I usually get around 450 miles per fill-up, and usually the car says I’m averaging 53-ish mpg daily in my long commutes in busy LA traffic. That’s with 80 mph driving on the freeways and also in 5 mph stop & go traffic, on both the morning & afternoon commutes, 5 days a week. I usually fill-up once every 2 weeks.

Since I can charge at work for free, this greatly helps out on my mpg. Otherwise I’m some days when I don’t charge at work, I’m getting an estimated 23-ish mpg on my drive home.

I have a heavy foot at most times, but driving the car to get a lot of range out of each fill-up isn’t hard to do.
Appreciate 0